INTERVIEW WITH OLIVIA LANE ABOUT HER LATEST SINGLE YOU GOT ME

I am very excited to be bringing you this interview with US singer-songwriter, Olivia Lane who has recently just released her latest single, You Got Me on Friday 24th August and kindly Olivia agreed to and interview with me to discuss the single.

Hello, Olivia. Thank you for very kindly agreeing to this interview with me. A few weeks ago, you released your latest single, You Got Me - could you please tell us a little about the song?
This song is about letting someone know you’re there for them. 
Sometimes life can get so crazy and I know for me personally it really helps hearing someone say ‘I’m here to listen and I may not know the answers but you’ve got me here for you.’ I think there’s real power in being present for another person.

Your vocals are wonderful I have to say! Your vocal ability are fabulous.
THANKS!

What inspired you to write this song?
This last year I did a lot of work no self love and self growth and ultimately my songwriting started reflecting the lessons I was learning during that process. What I learned about myself is that sometimes I don’t need someone to fix my problems, I just need someone to sit with me and let me vent. You Got Me really portrays that lesson I learned about myself.

I am intrigued to know what the process of the song was from the song-writing to the recording?
That’s always the fun part and sometimes the most challenging. Essentially my producer, Skip Black, and I get in a room and start playing around with electric guitar sounds, different loops, different drum patterns, etc, until we find a vibe we like. Sometimes it happens in 2 hours and sometimes is takes 2 weeks. You Got Me fell out pretty quick because me and Skip have worked together a bunch and have found a rough template for my songs.

And how did you know you were going to release You Got Me as a single?
When I wrote it, I didn’t initially think much about it other than that it was a great song. I sent it around to my team, my parents, my sister and everyone came back and agreed it was a great song that I should put out. Sometimes I have to rely on my team to help me decide because I’m so close to every song I write that it’s hard for me to choose which ones are right for me right now.

And whilst, I have you I have to ask you can we expect you one day to hopefully come to the UK?
WHENEVER I CAN AFFORD IT! I promise :)

You can follow Olivia on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY