DRAMA QUEENS CAST OPEN UP ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AS THE SERIES BEGINS TONIGHT

With Drama Queens filmed in Manchester and the North West, hits our screens tonight (Wednesday 10th April) following the lives of Hollyoaks' Jorgie Porter (Theresa McQueen), Jamelia (Sharon Bailey), Rita Simons (Marie Fielding). Emmerdale's Amy Walsh (Tracy Metcalfe), Laura Norton (Kerry Wyatt) and Roxy Shahidi (Leyla Harding). Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon (Bethany Platt) as well as actresses and cousins, Ellie Leach (Faye Windass) and Brooke Vincent (Sophie Webster).

Drama Queens viewers can expect an inside look at the real, unscripted lives of these soap stars, going behind the scenes of red-carpet events, awards ceremonies, holidays, house moves, and precious family moments. With the soap stars leading interconnected lives, the series introduces the genuine friendship groups between them.

When Amy Walsh was asked about appearing in Emmerdale for 10 years, how are you feeling about letting viewers your real life "It's been really good, really fun. We've been surprised by how easy it feels to have a camera crew in your home. My only real concern was filming with a two-year-old, but she's in her element which is great. It's been really fun filming with my husband. He's really enjoyed it."

Jorgie Porter was asked about how she found filming, Drama Queens, she commented "I love this type of filming. I've had all my family involved and they’re not used to this. Ollie my fiancĂ©, my baby, my friends as well. They've loved it."

Laura Norton also spoke about Drama Queens saying "I started filming Drama Queens before I went back to work after a long maternity, so I’ve been on a real journey with all the mixed emotions. Now I’m coming out of the other side and relaxing. I’m enjoying having a family structure and routine - finding a bit of myself that I haven’t connected to for about four years (when I had my first child) so that’s really nice."

Photo Credit: Lime Pictures/ Ray Burmiston

With Lucy Fallon having been on the Cobbles, what different side will viewers see on Drama Queens, Lucy commented "I joined the Corrie family in 2015 as and it has been the most incredible journey. I’m excited for viewers to see a real ‘behind the scenes’ of my chaotic life as an actress and a first-time mum!"

With Brooke Vincent also appearing, she added about are you different from characters viewers have seen you play, she commented "I hope I am funnier. My characters are not that funny. I am nothing like the character I used to play. I feel like this is a really nice way to document me going from Corrie. It is me going down a different path, I’ve been doing the radio and my play so I feel like it nice."
With Brooke set to appear in The Syndicate a play written by Kay Mellor, Brooke was asked about the big difference between TV and Theatre, she added "With TV you get a lot more time to develop a character. I know her inside out but this one is brand new. It is a completely different character to anything else I’ve played. I am loving it, having a ball."

With Ellie Leach being asked about how she found filming, she commented "I didn’t know what to expect. I have really enjoyed it, you experience things in your life and you never really get to see them. It’ll be nice to look back and reminisce on stuff. I don’t know if I realised before how busy I actually am. It’s like the hamster wheel - I just keep going and going. I am so excited to watch it. We have all been filming the same show, but we don’t know what’s happening in other people’s lives. Brooke is my cousin, so I’ve filmed with her and I have filmed a bit with Lucy. I am excited to show viewers a different side, most know me for being on Corrie and being a character and I’m completely different to that character."

Roxy Shahidi was asked about her 5 year plan, she commented "I am moving towards how I want to feel. Whether that is more present and playful as a parent. It is so easy for me to see the to-do list and chores around the house as incredibly urgent sometimes a lot of those things can wait. Ten mins of play can make everything seem a bit lighter. As a parent I’d like to be freer and more playful and as a partner - more loving."

Finally, Rita Simons was asked about her 5 year plan, she said "I had a good six years of theatre and touring. I’ve done the Jungle and a few films. I’ve just won best actress at the Santiago Film Awards. I’ve done loads of stage comedy, but I’d like to do more on screen. I’m happy bobbing along. Lockdown taught me that." Rita continued: "I prioritised my happiness over work which I’ve never done. It’s so rewarding. Hollyoaks is a gorgeous place to work…if I said yes to other stuff, I wouldn’t be here."

Drama Queens is made by Lime Pictures, and is made up of 8 episodes launching tonight (Wednesday 10th April) at 9pm on ITVBe and ITVX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY