EP REVIEW - TRACK 45 - GREW UP ON

This Friday (14th July) will see Mississippi-born, but Nashville based sibling trio, Track 45 release their brand new EP, Grew Up On.
Grew Up On is made up of 6 tracks.

Drinkin' and Thinkin' has an upbeat instrumental to kick start this EP off wonderfully. The female vocal opening the song is great as it gives the song this different kind of feel that I personally love with the lyrics being fantastic as well. With the chorus having a rather sad twist to it about a break up, it would appear to me, however, it was one that got me loving the sassy energy. The second verse sees their happiness start to appear once again before a little more heartache. I love how the chorus manages to always bring the song full circle especially as the final verse sees Ben, Jenna, and KK's vocals blend wonderfully together.

Grew Up On begins with a nostalgic feel with the softer old school kind of feel with a lot of vulnerability within the first verse is stunning with some emotional vocals. The chorus has many childhood memories for myself that got me thinking as it reminded me of my own life spending time on the farm/ childhood memories with my grandparents. The second verse got me thinking about my teenage years especially as the chorus is one that is super catchy and links all the verses together brilliantly. KK, Jenna and Ben all have moments to shine with their fantastic harmonies.

Last Man In Tennesse begins with an upbeat instrumental that compliments the song brilliantly throughout with lyrics that instantly get you thinking especially as you think you are over that moment when in fact you aren't. The lyrics are rather catchy with ones that take you on a journey throughout especially with the way that the chorus explodes with advice on getting over a break up. The second verse highlights the moving on stage, and that you are the most important person after those situations. A brilliant song written from the heart.


Hate Me has a rather old school feel that I adore especially as it reminds me of the 2003/ 2004 songs I grew up on. The lyrics throughout are ones that are filled with honesty and features many heartfelt moments with the chorus having a beautiful message filled with a little heartache. The energy in the second verse takes the song to another level from the moment the chorus kicks in with the energy. What an emotional message to highlight as each sibling have their own moment to shine with the harmonies from KK, Ben and Jenna being stunning - what a trio!

PCH has a beautifully soft instrumental that is greeted with such warmth at the start with some fantastic songwriting highlighted as the song takes you on a journey with a ox of vocal tones along with some stunning harmonies from the siblings. The heartbreak feels are rather emotional at times, however, the final verse is my favourite apart of the song.

Family starts with an upbeat piano instrumental that supports the song brilliantly throughout especially with three siblings Ben, KK, and Jenna showcasing their gorgeous harmonies. The first verse sees a female vocal that allows for some powerful lyrics to be shared, and I caught myself getting rather emotional especially as it reminds me so much of my relationship with my three best friends despite our differences in many things, I know that despite those things our friendship with one another is one of the best things! The chorus is extremely catchy, and full of so much perfection thanks to their harmonies being showcased at their finest. The more, I get the opportunity to hear the chorus the more I realise how magical their vocals work together, and in the most angelic way! The second verse sees Ben take on lead vocals and take the lyrics on a different turn which for me is fantastic especially during such a heartfelt, relatable for many song.

You can follow Track 45 on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY