EP REVIEW - ALANA SPRINGTEEN - TWENTY SOMETHING: FIRGURING IT OUT

Columbia Records NY/ Sony Music Nashville artist-songwriter, Alana Springsteen today (Friday 14th July) releases her second installment of Twenty Something: Figuring It Out.
Twenty Something: Figuring It Out is made up of 6 songs.

Twenty Something has a soft guitar instrumental that compliments the song fantastically. The first verse sees Alana's soft crisp vocal tone that allows for the songs sentimental lyrics to shine through. The story within the lyrics is beautiful and reminded me of my adult years and the mistakes, I took and still am making as I hit 30 later this year, but thanks to songs like this it makes you realise that life is a journey and mistakes are all apart of that especially within the songs key lyrics. The lyrics are brilliantly selected and show a growth as we get older, beginning to realise that mistakes are ok to be made. The second verse is about the regrets that you made, but in all honesty they are the biggest lessons learnt making me rather emotional. The rockier chorus is fantastic adding another layer to the song as it heads into the bridge especially giving Alana the opportunity to showcase her high vocal tone. It was the final chorus that was the stand out moment for me thanks to Alana's soft tone allowing for the vulnerability of the lyrics to shine through.

Chameleon has a soft instrumental that compliments Alana's soft vocal tone brilliantly throughout. The insecurities within the lyrics throughout are ones that people will be able to relate with in one way or another that had me many times getting emotional over. Every single lyric showed some vulnerability that at times broke me due to the fact I have been through some tough times that I caught myself reflecting on during this song. The chorus displayed the emotional side of Alana's vulnerability really well especially with the mention of the different colours leading to some WOW moments. The honesty that continued took me on an emotional rollercoaster thanks to the eye opening lyrics.

Here's to all my exes sees Alana's crisp vocal at the forefront allowing for songs lyrics to shine through right from the start as you say thank you and goodbye to that one person who struggled with a relationship with sure pure honesty. The chorus is filled with a 'thank you' to that ex who helped you became the person you are today, or be with the person you are with. The appreciation for the mistakes/ lessons are extremely brave to share something that I really appreciate hearing. However, the softer vocal from Alana in the final verse and chorus were perfectly selected giving that special moment.

Photo Credit: Lily Nelson


Hypocrite has a dark feel throughout due to the instruments used with an old school feel being shown throughout Hypocrite with Alana's crisp vocal tone allowing for the songwriting to be shown brilliantly throughout. The darker vocal in the chorus is perfectly chosen as the lyrics have there moment to shine. All the verses link wonderfully together because if we are all honest with ourselves we are all hypocrites whether we like it or not - there are many relatable moments to be thought about as we listen to the lyrics.

When We Were Friends has a brilliant guitar instrumental that can be heard throughout the track. I loved the way that Alana isn't afraid to be vulnerable within this track with the moments in a friendship that we love and appreciate, however, when we lose the friendship with that person the lyrics quickly become emotional ones, but thanks to Alana's honesty within this song it will help many people realise that they are not alone if some of their friendships have disappeared/ broken down. It's the lyrics within the chorus that made me extremely emotional as it reminded me of my friendship with one of my best friend in childhood that I regret us falling out with in our teenage years. It was the mention of moving to America that made me cry as that is where they moved to. It's one of those songs that instantly gets you thinking and appreciating the friendships that you have!

Ghost in my guitar begins with a dark instrumental that compliments Alana's soft vocal with lyrics that are filled with many different emotions throughout. The chorus is heartfelt and turn the story to have a different meaning which I love and appreciate as a listener lyrics within songs. There is something so beautiful about the storytelling and the songwriting at certain parts which are honestly written from the heart as well as personal experiences being shared with us. A standout moment for me came from Alana in the bridge as it allowed for another dynamic of the song to be shown.

This whole EP is incredible. I have so much appreciation for Alana as over the past few months, Alana has helped me through many tough times with her music and she is one artist, I am very excited to see live one day when she comes over to the UK.

You can follow Alana on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY