DEBUT ALBUM REVIEW - RUNAWAY JUNE - BLUE ROSES

This Friday (28th June) will see US country music trio, Runaway June made up of 3 friends - Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke and Hannah Mulholland will be releasing their debut album, Blue Roses.
Blue Roses was produced by Dann Huff and Ross Copperman.
Blue Roses is made up of 10 songs which 6 of them were written by the ladies themselves.

Design Credit: CeCe Dawson
Photo Credit: Kristin Barlowe

Head Over Heels starts with a beautiful instrumental which suits the song so well especially from the moment the vocals start. The first verse sets the song and album off in the most beautiful way showing us all what incredible artists Runaway June are. The chorus is so upbeat and happy plus being super catchy which made me want to get up and dance straight away. The second verse showcases the ladies vocals wonderful which I absoultely love and there is something so wonderful about their song writing ability. The instrumental towards the end of the song works perfectly. Ending Head Over Heels with a repeat of chorus was the most perfect choice for this song.

Buy My Own Drinks is one song I loved from the moment, I very first heard it with it's upbeat party sounding vibes you get from the instrumental. The first verse is such a fun party song which allows the lyrics to stand out instantly. The chorus of Buy My Own Drinks is such a fun, happy part of the song which instantly gets a lot of us out dancing around our bedrooms and it's perfect for a road trip playlist. The second verse cements the song together with it's wonderful story that are shown within the lyrics - which for me makes the song shine even more for me! All three of the ladies vocals are allowed to shine at certain parts throughout this song which I happen to absoultely adore.

We Were Rich is a very different song which I instantly caught myself listening to every single lyric to the first verse and allowed myself to paint a picture with the lyrics which I adore doing with songs like We Were Rich because there is something so incredible about them! The chorus features some incredibly wonderful lyrics that I caught myself singing along with and I am making this song my summer jam before because of the vibe I am getting from this song. The second verse is just as beautiful as the first and the ladies vocal ability is incredible and it's the because it's such a road trip song especially for this time of year. The bridge is part of the song which I happen to adore the most. The instrumental throughout We Were Rich is just incredible and perfectly suited for the song allowing the ladies individual vocals to shine through.
We Were Rich was written by Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley and Nicolle Galyon.

I Know the Way starts with a funky instrumental reminds me a little bit of Maren Morris vibe (if you get me?) The first verse sets the song off wonderful and the lyrics are wonderful setting the tone for the song in the best possible way. The chorus is so honest and upbeat making me want to dance once again and you know what songs like this for me are just amazing. The second verse is a little more emotional and their vocal range is much closer and I adore this especially as it allows the lyrics to shine through. The final verse of I Know The Way ends the song wonderfully and I felt myself listening to every single word and being blown away by the Runaway June ladies.

Trouble with This Town
is one slower and softer instrumental song which is just incredible and starts the song off perfectly allowing the lyrics of the first verse to standout which in turn allowed the ladies allows to shine through (I can't believe that this is Runaway June debut album!) The chorus has some happy, upbeat lyrics which I adore and the instrumental is upbeat complementing the song wonderfully. The second verse is a little slower and sounds a little emotional thanks to the lyrics which you can tell a written from a place of hurt (or if it isn't I will be amazed). The lyrics within the chorus are ones that are so catchy and one that a lot o people are going to love and have in their heads for weeks.

Got Me Where I Want You
is a slower softer sounding song with a beautiful solo guitar instrumental which happens to be quickly joined by one of the girls softer vocals which instantly drawn me in with the first verse but the moment the Runaway June ladies all came in with the chorus - I knew this song was going to be special especially with their harmonies. The second is just as equally beautiful and it's incredibly moving at times, I caught myself relating to the lyrics and being taken on a ride with the lyrics songs like this for me are so incredibly precious! The bridge and final verse are beautiful and cemented the song wonderfully.
Got Me Where I Want You is one song which isn't written by the girls instead it's written by James Slater, Kat Higgins and Justin Morgan - I adore this song-writing ability and I thank you for allowing Runaway June to sing this song.

Fast as You is one song that starts with beautiful harmonies from the ladies. Fast As You has a rocky feel but one I absoultely love as it spices the album up a little and it's one thing I wasn't expecting to be featured on their debut album. The vocal arranges from the Runaway June ladies is instantly shown off in which a wonderful light and their harmonies are just perfect. The chorus is wonderfully upbeat and one that got me up dancing and singing along with thanks to it's super catchy lyrics. The second and third verse are equally as wonderfully and I happen to absoultely adore the instrumental break down before the final chorus - it happens to work incredibly!
Fast As You was written by Dwight Yoakam.

I Am Too is one upbeat song with a beautiful instrumental which is quickly joined my one of the ladies softer vocals which allow the lyrics to shine which happens to link beautiful to the chorus. The chorus is fun and features some really catchy lyrics. The second verse is beautiful and continues the beautiful story which is being shown within the story telling on this song. The final verse/ bridge is incredible and I felt myself thinking about the lyrics and painting my own picture thanks to the lyrics.
I Am Too is definitely a brand new song of mine thanks to this album.
I Am Too is another song that the Runaway June ladies didn't write but Busbee, Corey Crowder and Liz Rose have done such an incredible job - perfect for the Runaway June ladies.

Good, Bad & Ugly has a darker sounding instrumental to start which sets the tone for the song fantastically which happens to take you into the first verse wonderfully one I felt myself instantly connecting with and listening to every single word that was being sung. The chorus is slower and soft that I caught myself instantly singing along with thanks to the catchiness of the song. The chorus verse continues the storytelling of the story beautifully and I love a true story being painted within the lyrics. The bridge of Good, Bad & Ugly is the part of the song that happened to bring me to tears but in a wonderful way because of the way in which I connected to it. I am so glad a song like this has been written as every once in a while people need to hear a song like this!

Blue Roses
has a beautiful guitar solo to start which suits the song perfectly and even more so when the vocals begin. The first verse features some softer vocals which allow the soulful and meaningful lyrics to shine through giving us a real feel for this song. The verses have such a wonderful feel to them which works perfectly for the whole song allowing their harmonies to shine. The lyrics within the chorus of Blue Roses is the most moving part of the song for me! The third verse is the most moving part of the song and the part of the song that you can tell is written with a lot of emotion.
I am so glad that Runaway June ended their album with their title track at the end as it is the prefect end to their debut album!

You can follow Runaway June on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY