ALBUM REVIEW - SARAH DARLING - WONDERLAND

This Friday (7th June) will see US singer-songwriter, Sarah Darling release her brand new album, Wonderland.
Wonderland features 13 songs.

Blue Sky starts with a upbeat dreamy instrumental from the guitar and drums which are quickly joined by Sarah's dreamy vocals that happen to happen the song in the most beautiful way. The chorus is super catchy and happy and I felt myself wanting to dance along from the start to finish. I adore how catchy the lyrics are. The second verse continues the storytelling in the most perfect way and I caught myself coming into a dream world. The bridge is beautiful and it only went an amazed me before Sarah sang the final chorus. The bird noises at the end along with sea sound gives the song a little more life. Blue Sky is the most perfect song for Sarah to open her Wonderland album with.

Call Me is a favourite song of mine especially with the upbeat tempo of the song that made me instantly want to get up and dance. The first verse is so upbeat and the lyrics are amazing which continue throughout the song. The lyrics in the chorus are beautiful and are so Sarah which is just incredible and shows everything that Sarah is as an artist. The second verse continues the storytelling in the most wonderful way and you really get a feel for the song that instantly connected with me. Sarah's stunning vocal ranges are demonstrated throughout and I hope listeners of this song listen to it's beautiful lyrics.

London Fog is a slower and much softer song of the album which draws you in from the stunning instrumental. From the very moment Sarah starts with her stunning softer vocals I caught myself being moved in a good way! The chorus features some heartfelt lyrics that at times bought a little tear to my eye - I loved how much the chorus is was slowed down. The second verse features some beautiful lyrics as did the first and third and I adore the fact that Sarah writes her lyrics straight from the heart because it draws you in instantly and you can hear the growth from within the song. Sarah choosing to go softer with her vocals was an incredibly move.

A Boy Like You is a song that Sarah starts straight away with her honest and heartfelt vocal which moved me from the moment I first started listening. The chorus is so heartfelt and one that many of us will be able to relate too. It might be short but the lyrics it features are ones that most of us will be able to connect with. The second verse starts rather quickly but it continues the story within the lyrics in such a beautiful way I felt myself taking a moment to reflect. The final part of the song had me in tears in the most beautiful way because of way I connected with it and what I know of Sarah's vocal ability everything within was shown within A Boy Like You.

Shine starts with a beautiful instrumental before Sarah joins in with her stunning beautiful soulful vocal. The first verse and chorus are beautifully upbeat and made me want to get up and dance thanks to the lyrics that feature within this song as well as starting the storytelling for this song very well. The second verse is my favourite part of the song because of the happy and fun lyrics plus the way the lyrics are extremely connectable. I adore Sarah's vocal range that is demonstrated throughout Shine that definitely allow Sarah a chance to Shine with her vocals.

Light It Up is one of the my favourite songs of this album. Sarah's upbeat and heartfelt vocals start this song in the most beautiful way. The first verse allows Sarah to wear her heart on her sleeve. The chorus is my favourite part of this song because it instantly makes you want to get up and dance thanks to the happy lyrics that are featured. The second verse of the song is stunning also with the heartfelt lyrics and you instantly think of that one person you love and they light it your world. I also felt myself singing along with this song right from the off having fell in love with this song during her Country Music Week session last year. Thank you Sarah for writing such an incredibly beautiful song with Light It Up.

Enjoy The Ride is one song that I felt myself instantly connecting with. I adore the upbeat dreamy instrumental right at the start of the song. The first verse showcases Sarah's softer heartfelt vocals that I love. The lyrics within the first and chorus are breathtaking and I love the fact that with this song Sarah is taking us the listeners on a ride with her music. The second verse continues the dreaminess of the song in such a beautiful heartfelt way that allows the chorus to attach beautifully. I adore Sarah's super soft vocals in the bridge of the song. The final chorus is one the one part of the song that I caught myself singing along with.

Timelapse is a very dreamy intro which is quickly joined by Sarah's softer vocals which I adore from the moment this song started. The first verse is stunning and allows Sarah to show off her vocals in gentle softer way. The chorus is absoultely stunning and I caught myself being taken to a dream land which was just amazing as I caught myself listening to every single lyric. The second verse allows Sarah's beautiful lyrical ability to continue. The more I listen to the chorus the more I felt myself falling in love with Timelapse. The bridge features beautiful lyrics that I caught myself wanting to sing along with as I did with the chorus when it was repeated. There is something so beautiful about Sarah's song-writing within this song from the start to finish.

Fire such a beautiful guitar instrumental to start which I instantly loved. Sarah's upbeat vocals shine throughout this song. Sarah's story telling is beautiful, and I love the way that I caught myself wanting to sing along from the very start of the chorus especially within it meaning that each and every one of us can get from this song. The second verse allows Sarah's heartfelt vocal range to shine through and showcase her lyrical ability in the most beautiful way. I love how Sarah has written this song from such a special place and you can imagine Sarah writing this song from it's lyrics and how she must have felt at the time of writing. The more I heard the chorus the more I caught myself singing along.

Diamonds has a beautiful piano instrumental to start before Sarah joins in with her softer vocal on the first verse which features some stunningly heartfelt lyrics. The chorus has some beautiful and catchy lyrics which is perfect for the chorus. The second verse continues the story telling of the song amazingly and I caught myself once again wanting to join in despite not knowing the lyrics. The final verse for me features the most relatable lyrics for me that in fact bought me to tears and the solo instrumental time which followed gave you the moment that you infact wanted throughout the whole song. But also the instrumental at the end gave the song the closure the song needed.

Dreams Fade Away is another song that starts with a dreamy piano instrumental which I adore. I love the fact that Sarah starts with a intro with her vocals instead of coming straight in with the first verse however it's not long before Sarah starts the first verse off with such heartfelt lyrics. The second verse amazed me with it's dreaminess which I caught myself contacting with. The lyrics and Sarah's vocal range work amazingly hand in hand and it's definitely a great example of what Sarah calls Dream Country. I also adored the final instrumental as it broke the song up in the most beautiful way! Dreams Fade Away is one song that I am very excited to hear live at some point this year for chance! Dreams Fade Away is one very special song and I am so glad it's on this album.

A Little Bit Of Rain starts with a guitar instrumental which is quickly joined by Sarah's softer heartfelt vocals. The first verse of the song is very heartfelt and from the heart of Sarah's song writing abilities which I instantly felt myself loving and imagining the lyrics within the story Sarah is singing (if this makes sense or does it just to me?) The chorus is rather special from the lyrics which are catchy and ones I caught myself singing along with. The second verse continues the story telling within the lyrics in a beautiful way that I caught myself crying whilst wanting to sing along. Sarah's vocal ability is definitely demonstrated wonderfully throughout the song which I adore. And for anyone going though a tough time it doesn't last forever and I urge you to listen to this song to realise that you are not alone.

Talk About The Weather has a piano instrumental to start and it's not long before Sarah comes in with her vocals and starts the first verse off in a slower way but for the songs lyrics it suits extremely well. The chorus has a very sad feel but with it's lyrics - I caught myself thinking about it's lyrics. The chorus features some extremely heartfelt lyrics. The second verse is a little brighter however the emotions are still there and I like the fact that Sarah knows when they work and will connect with the audience. The final verse and bridge are beautiful and Talk About The Weather is such a fabulous song to end Wonderland with.

Thank you Sarah for such an incredible album.

You can follow Sarah on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY