TENILLE ARTS RELEASES CALL YOU NAMES VIDEO

Tenille Arts turned to YouTube to debut the music video for her latest Reviver Records single, Call You Names this week. Shot on a Los Angeles soundstage, the clip features mothers, grandmothers and daughters interacting, as Tenille sings the beautifully touching song. Tenille’s own mother, Glenda Arts makes her music video debut in the clip, which can be viewed here.

The story behind the song, which Tenille admits is a tribute and an apology to her mother for “those teen years,” was almost divinely inspired.

“I was just kinda playing some chords, trying to think of something different. All of a sudden I started playing these chords, and literally the first line of the song, ‘I remember you caught me with that first cigarette I smoked,’ just came out of my mouth, and I was like ‘What the heck? Where is this going?’ It felt like a ‘God thing,’ because these words were coming out of my mouth, like ‘I called you all of these names.’ Then I had the idea to change that from the mean names into beautiful names.”

“The first few times I played the song live, my mom was in the audience and I couldn’t look at her while I was singing it,” added Tenille. “I lived at home for a couple of years after high school, saving money to make the move to Nashville, and I started to realize all that my mom meant to me and how amazing she is with what she accomplishes every day.”

You can follow Tenille on her Social Media
YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY