AN INTERVIEW WITH U.S. SIBLING TRIO SOUTHERN HALO INTERVIEW

I was very lucky to have gotten the chance a few weeks ago to interview the very talented trio, Southern Halo made by of sisters; Natalia, Christina and Hannah about their UK tour last month.

L-R Hannah, Christina and Natalia
Photo Credit: Chuck Arlund

So, could I ask you to introduce yourselves?
My name is Natalia Morris, I am the acoustic/ electric guitar player, lead vocalist and oldest sibling in Southern Halo.
I'm Christina Morris (aka Tinka) and I play the drums and sing vocals in Southern Halo. I'm also the crazy middle sister.
I'm Hannah Morris, the youngest sister, bass player and vocalist in Southern Halo.

You were recently in the UK, what was it like to be back?
Natalia: As always, it was such an honor to return to the UK - it was our third time this year! It was so great seeing lots of our friends and fans that we had made on our previous trips, getting a chance to see more of the UK and make new friends.


You have performed at the British Country Music Awards, what was that like?
Christina: Performing at the BCMAs was such a blast! We had the honor to kick off the whole show that night, and we were surrounded by great music and even greater people who love country music just as much as we do!



You were amazing by the way, my friend sent me a video of your performance and you girls smashed it. So gutted I wasn't there to witness it! Next year, I promise I'll be at one of your gigs!
Hannah: Awe!!! Thank you, Kellie! We hate that we have yet to have a chance to meet you in person - but, we're looking for that day to come! You're the best!



Whilst you were over here, you headed to Scotland, it was your first time there right Did you enjoy it?

Natalia: It was our first time to really get a chance to see more of Scotland. We had performances from Glasgow to Elgin! The country is absolutely beautiful. I personally enjoyed meeting new friends and learning all about the culture!



Now, I think it's only right that we talk about your music with your first album which featured some of my favourite songs, what were your favourites from it? And do you still enjoy performing them?
Natalia: Oh man - that’s a tough question to answer, haha! Personally, I feel like all of the songs are like our children. It’s really hard to choose which one is your favorite! However, I do really like “Little White Dress” because of the amazing journey and new experiences it has brought my sisters and me. That single opened a lot of new doors for us.
Christina: I do agree with Nata on the fact that each song feels like our own baby. It is really hard to choose! I feel like I will never get bored playing these songs live. Each time we play them, the connection grows more and more. They're fun songs and I enjoy hearing the fans stories on why they like certain ones.
Hannah: That's so true! I really like "Don't Wanna Move On" but then again the rest of them are so catchy and fun to play as well. It's really cool seeing how each song affects someone differently. On the album, some fans chose "Little White Dress" while in a live setting other fans love Nata's own original "This Song" because of the story behind it. It's s crazy how different songs affect different people!

This year, you released your new single Just Like In The Movies which was incredible. Please tell us what we can expect an EP?
Christina: Thank you, Kellie! We're so glad that you like the new single. We have a whole new album with 14 original tracks that everyone can expect in early 2018! We have been working so hard on tis next album and are impatiently waiting to share it with you all as soon as it's available.


I also hope you perform at C2C next year, you best have applied if your are free?
Hannah: We are planning on it. Although my sisters and I have been very fortunate to have had three tours in the UK this year, we hope that will be chosen for our first C2C performances in 2018.

Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me, means so much!
Natalia: Thank YOU, Kellie, for the constant love and support!
Christina: We cannot wait until we finally get to meet you on our next trip across the pond.
Hannah: Thanks again, Kellie! You're the best!! :)

You can follow Southern Halo on their Social Media
Twitter

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

    COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

    EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY