INTERVIEW WITH DAISY CAMPBELL ABOUT WHAT'S TO COME FOR AMELIA

Amelia Spencer has been on a rollercoaster ever since she discovered she was pregnant, opening up to Charity Dingle, and now she is being supported by Noah Dingle.

Daisy Campbell recently spoke about what's to come for her character during next week's episodes and hints for the future.

Talking recently with about how Amelia is feeling about her pregnancy at this point, Daisy commented: "I think she's still having that anxiety and still that vulnerable feeling because obviously she hasn't told anyone else, bar Charity, Noah and Mackenzie, but I feel like she feels a little less on edge because she's got that support from Noah and Charity and mainly Noah because she's like, let him know about everything. She's opened up to him about everything. So I feel like she feels less on edge when she's got Noah there, because she's got that support. But I still feel that there's still a bit of anxiety around her and her dad and Kerry, because obviously no one knows about it yet, but mainly Noah. So I feel like she's still a bit on the edge, but not as much because she's got that support there now."

From the spoiler pictures (see one above), viewers know that Amelia is accompanied by Noah Dingle, how does you feel about this: "I think she feels happy. Definitely happy because I don't think she expects it, I think because he's gone from being this not very nice boy to now being very helpful. And her only friend. I feel like she's very taken aback by it. But she's also very appreciative of it. But I think she is happy. And she's very lucky to have him there with her. Because it's not a very nice thing to go through on your own. I guess."

What would you say about the state of their relationship at this point? "They are, I think, just getting together at this point. They're more than friends at this point. And I think they both know that. But I think it's just making it definitely official, but they're not exactly together. Not everyone knows they're together. But they're at that closeness that it's more than just the friendship."

Talking of the scan, how does she feel seeing the baby? "I like that there's a contract because she's more happy at this point, the previous scan she had wasn't great. She didn't want to see the baby. She was alone. She was scared, frightened. But I feel like now she's very happy. And it is because of the support from Noah. And I think she's more excited as well this time because I think she's ready to actually have a baby. She knows what she wants."

Talking about Dan's reaction to Amelia and Noah's relation, Daisy said: "He's not happy, he's not happy at all. And I think it's because he knows what Noah has been like with Chloe and Gabby in the past. And the whole thing that happened with Chloe, I think it shocked everyone really in the village. But I think because Amelia is so much younger than Noah as well. I think he's kind of protective over Amelia. So, he doesn't take to it well at all and there ends up being a massive thing between Noah and Dan But yeah, he doesn't take to it well at all."

How does everyone found out about the pregnancy? "So, there is a prom that goes on with Cathy and Amelia and obviously Cathy's in the year below so Sampson takes Cathy to the prom. And I go there not feeling like really going because she doesn't want to show the bump in the dress. And then she ends up getting into a feud with Noah because he ends up saying something to someone else. And it ends up causing drama between Noah and Amelia. And then loads of people come to the village hall where we're kicking off and it's then just shouted out there, and I think Amelia just feels absolutely horrible. But then I feel like she feels like there's a weight lifted off her shoulders as well."


What's her reaction to her secret being outed? I know you said it feels like a weight being lifted. But is she absolutely mortified that her dad knows? "Yeah, I think she's mortified as well. Because there's not just Dan there. There's everyone else there, there's a lot of people there, you'd think it would just be her and Dan in that moment. But there is a lot of other people there. And I think it just makes her. She's just in shock. Really. I mean, that moment is so personal. I feel like you can only really tell your family and your close friends, and the fact that it's spread all over the village. And there's a load of people that just doesn't help her. So, I think she's very shocked at that point. And yeah, she's just mortified."

And what was your reaction when the storyline was first pitched to you? "I was absolutely shocked. I was really happy about it, because it's something I've always wanted to do. I've always wanted this storyline for Amelia. So, I was over the moon about it."

How'd you feel about potentially having to film the birth scenes? "I feel really excited. I feel like it's something, when I've always said I want to do this storyline, I feel like that's what you lead up to. And that's what you're working towards. I'm a little bit nervous, but I am really excited because I've done my prep and stuff. So, I know where to go with it and stuff. But I think it's overall really exciting." 

Talking about research for the role, Daisy said: "I've watched a lot of underage pregnancy birth videos, and I've watched a lot of One Born Every Minute, but more of the teen ones because I feel like that's what my storylines created mostly round."

And to wrap, Daisy was asked about what her hopes were for Amelia going forward: "Hopefully she just maybe finds a little bit of happiness. I think this will bring happiness to her but I mean just even in herself, and maybe a little bit more drama as well because we all love a bit of drama!"

These episodes of Emmerdale will air between Monday 22nd - Friday 26th August on ITV at 7.30pm with an hour episode on Thursday 25th August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY