ALBUM REVIEW - CARLY PEARCE SELF-TITLED SOPHOMORE ALBUM OUT NOW

Last Friday (14th February) saw US singer-songwriter, Carly Pearce release her self-titled sophomore album. The album is made up of 13 tracks.

Closer To You is one of my favourite songs. Closer To You starts with a guitar instrumental which gives the song such a wonderful and funky feel to it. The first verse instantly makes me want to sing whilst also thinking about my loved ones and what they are doing as I am listening to the song. The chorus is one that you can definitely tell Carly is singing about her husband, Michael Ray in which makes the song have even more meaning which I adore. The lyrics are ones written from the heart and that is something that is so magical. The second verse continues the magically ness of the song in such a beautiful way and one that allows the listeners to hearing a completely different side of the Carly's vocals.

Call Me starts with a upbeat, funky instrumental which I love and it's brings so much life to the album. The first verse is one gets you thinking and relating because lets face it we have all been heartbroken at one time in our lives. I adore the fact that Carly is determined to always see the good in a bad situation. The chorus is the one part of the song that got me up dancing when I was listening to the song and for that I am grateful. The second verse continues the song wonderfully and you can't help but thinking about getting ready for a night out or even just a trip to the pub to see your friends. I love the crisp, softer vocal tone from Carly which appears later on in this song.

I Hope You're Happy Now is a duet with Lee Brice.
I Hope You're Happy Now starts with a guitar instrumental which I absolutely adore which then takes you nicely into the first verse. The first verse is one that instantly had be wanting to sing along thanks to it's catchy and fun lyrics which made me think of that certain relationship I have, however the moment when Lee joins Carly on the song is just pure magic - everything about it works perfectly! The lyrics are some of the best, I have heard in a very long time and for that I am extremely grateful to the song-writers. The chorus is one part of the song that is happy and gets the listening thinking about what they want from a relationship whether its from their past one or their current one which I have to admit is something I love. The second verse allows the song to continue in such a wonderful way and from the very first lyric, Lee sings I was hooked as I thought about a relationship I was in and everything was so wrong but I do hope they are happy now though. I Hope You're Happy Now ends with abridge ahead of the final chorus which demonstrated Carly and Lee's vocal range's wonderfully allowing the lyrics to shine though.

Dashboard Jesus
starts with a beautifully soft instrumental which upon hearing the first lyric you totally understand why it's slower compared to other songs featured so far. The first verse allows Carly to show off her softer vocal range giving Carly's songwriting the chance to come through to the audience. I caught myself being able to go off into my own little world as I was listening in particularly when it come to the part about the rearview mirror and that moment when you see everyone you love disappear from sight. The chorus features some incredibly heartfelt lyrics for me and one I caught myself singing along with you despite not knowing the words. The second verse continues the song wonderfully with the heartfelt lyrics. I caught myself crying as I caught myself being able to relate to the lyrics are seen times going through a tough time with taking the next move. The instrumental in the middle break the song up beautifully with it then going into the bridge allowing Carly's softer vocal range to shine through. Dashboard Jesus ending with the chorus is one wonderful move as it allows the listeners the chance to hear, Carly's sensational vocals for one final time. There is something so special and unique about this song that gives me goosebumps throughout.

Halfway Home
starts with a piano and guitar instrumental which I adore and it compliments Carly's vocals right from the very start. The first verse allows Carly's soulful vocals to come through as the listeners listen to the beautiful lyrics. The lyrics are so raw and honest, which many of us will be able to relate too. The chorus features some incredibly heartfelt lyrics that I caught myself listening too, and thinking of that one special person that isn't around anymore leading me to have tears in my eyes as I was listening to the chorus. Carly's vocal range is demonstrated wonderfully within the chorus The second verse continues with Carly's honesty and the vulnerability in Carly's vocals is something I was expecting, if I am honest but what a wonderful surprise! The chorus ties every verse together beautifully. The bridge allows the most poignant lyrics through chance to shine through with a softer vocal range from Carly before the chorus for the final time.

Heart’s Going Out Of Its Mind starts with a quirky sounding guitar instrumental which instantly gives the song a little bit of life. The first verse was the verse that got me thinking and looking ever so carefully to all the lyrics being sung and the songwriting really did shine through. A lot of the listeners will be able to relatable to this part of the song because most people have been in this situation. The chorus is super catchy and the lyrics continues the song in the most wonderful way thanks to the super catchy lyrics making you want to sing along with. The second verse was about the moment where the person you like just touches your hand and you get chills - you can tell that Carly has written this song from her heart and part of it you can tell is about her husband, Michael Ray. The bridge allows Carly's softer vocal range a chance to come out giving listeners the chance to appreciate everything about the song! Heart's Going Out Of It's Mind ends with the chorus once again before the song ends which is the most amazing move!

Finish Your Sentences is a duet with her ex-husband, Michael Ray.
Finish Your Sentences starts with a very Carly Pearce soulful piano instrumental which is quickly taken into the first verse with Carly and Michael Ray's soulful vocals which I have to admit compliment each other so well. I absolutely adore the style of this song. The chorus is so catchy and the way that Michael and Carly know each other so well definitely comes across within this song allowing them to show off their incredible talents. The second verse like the first verse features many questions and the more I listen to this song the more I caught myself singing along with. The final  bridge features some of the most beautifully standout lyrics within the song for me. Finish Your Sentences is one song I never knew I needed to hear.

It Won't Always Be Like This starts with a beautiful piano instrumental which takes you to the first verse wonderful which compliments Carly's softer vocal range. The first verse features some incredibly emotional lyrics which are memories from her past which made me very emotional from the start. The chorus is again super emotional but one that gets you thinking of your family and loved ones you have lost. The second verse continues the song beautifully and it's a verse about life and it's lessons which you have to go through to get the good in our lives. The bridge of this song is wonderful and with Carly's emotional tone, I couldn't help but cry a little and think of my loved one that I lost last year. Also, the more I heard the chorus the more I wanted to sing along and this song is one I can't wait to hear live.

Lightning In A Bottle starts with a guitar instrumental which is beautifully soulful. The first verse showcases Carly's soulful vocals along with the most stunning set of lyrics which you can hear are so incredibly personal. I love how Lightning In A Bottle was written with the heart in mind. The chorus features some wonderfully heartfelt lyrics that caught me getting emotional over thanks to the wonderfully songwriting and honesty given within the lyrics. The second verse is the verse for me that brings the magic for me because of the way the song was written from and its the moment where you start to believe in yourself and your ability. The instrumental break down is perfect which leads into Carly's softer vocal range being shown wonderfully to the listeners. Everything about Carly's vocal range on this song is beyond perfection!

Love Has No Heart
starts with a beautiful guitar instrumental. The first verse showcases a lot of raw emotion and honesty with the lyrics and Carly's vocal range. I absolutely love the style in which this song is written in because for me its one of pure honesty and the lyrics captivated me right from the very beginning. The chorus features some incredibly soulful and honest lyrics that I caught myself relating to once again, this is definitely a coming of age kind of album. Carly's powerful vocal range is demonstrated incredibly throughout the chorus giving me goosebumps. The second verse continues the song beautifully as Carly's softer vocal continues allowing the lyrics there moment to shine. The lyrics are ones a lot of listeners will be able to relate too for sure. Love Has No Heart has the most beautifully bridge before the final chorus which sees Carly's stunning vocal continue. This lady is beyond incredible.

Woman Down
starts with a wonderful upbeat guitar instrumental which I absolutely love as it supports Carly's more upbeat vocal range whilst allowing Carly's vocal range to shine through in the most beautiful way. The lyrics are so perfectly written for the message that Carly is wanting to get across within the song. The chorus is the part of Woman Down that gives you the most power and you get a real for the song being written about female empowerment which I adore because it's something, that is needed a lot at this moment in time especially with Carly saying that it is ok to sometimes be down and that's ok! The second verse continues with some of the most poignant lyrics of the song that gives you a real feel for the message that Carly is trying to get out within the song and its one that needs to be released as a single in my opinion. The way that the bridge leading into the final verse is something of pure brilliance because the lyrics hold the song together wonderfully - Carly's softer vocal range is demonstrated incredibly once again!
Carly's songwriting are so incredibly heartfelt and with handpicked lyrics - you are left feeling very emotional and feeling that it is ok to be down sometimes - this is why songs like this for me are magical and relatable for so many woman.

You Kissed Me First
starts with a slow guitar instrumental. The first verse allows Carly's softer vocal range to shine through. You can hear how happy the lyrics make Carly feel throughout the whole song and you can also hear within her vocals that the story behind the song happens to be her fiancé, Michael Ray which is such a beautiful reason for writing a song. The chorus features some incredibly heartfelt and beautiful lyrics which I absolutely love. I love the fact that Carly is willing to write about her own experience is something that makes me believe a little bit excitement in her song writing. The second verse continues the story within the song in the most wonderful way. I love that you get a real feel for the evening in which Carly had on her first date/ kiss with Michael, the rawness of the song is just magical. When the chorus was repeated about I caught myself singing along - I am very excited to hear this song live one day. The bridge of You Kissed Me First is beautiful and features Carly's soulful vocal range which I loved getting the chance to hear.
There is something so magical about this song that I caught myself getting chills over.

Greener Grass
starts with a softer guitar instrumental which I have to admit sets the song off wonderfully well. The first verse sees Carly demonstrate her soulful vocal range in the most beautiful way allowing the stunning lyrics to shine through. The chorus is heartfelt and features some rather catchy lyrics. Carly's vocal range is shown off wonderfully with the softer tone. The second verse continues the song in the most capturing way leaving me with goosebumps as I was listening being able to relate to the song a lot. The instrumental break down in the middle is nothing more than amazing allowing the songs dynamics to change and for the better. Greener Grass bridge does nothing but features the most relatable lyrics before the song ends with the chorus allowing the song to end in the most beautiful way!

You can follow Carly on her Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY