SCOTTY McCREERY’S FIVE MORE MINUTES IS CERTIFIED DOUBLE PLATINUM BY RIAA

Scotty McCreery is kicking 2020 off with a bang! Just days before heading to Mexico for his first-ever appearance at Luke Bryan’s Crash My Playa, the country music hit-maker learned his signature hit, Five More Minutes has been certified Double Platinum by the RIAA for sales of more than two million. This is Scotty's first Double Platinum certification.

Five More Minutes was Scotty’s first No.1 hit on both Mediabase/ Country Aircheck Country Singles Chart and Billboard Country Airplay Chart.

Scotty wrote it with Frank Rogers who also produced the song and Monty Criswell, and it was the lead single from his Number 1 album, Seasons Change.

“I have believed in this song since the day I wrote it with Frank and Monty, and I am thrilled that the fans have believed in it as well,” said Scotty. “This song was inspired by the passing of my grandfather, and I feel him with me every time I sing it. As I’ve said many times, it is my favorite song I’ve ever written. Thanks to Triple 8 Management, Triple Tigers Records and all my team for working so hard with me.”

Scotty debuted the song on the Grand Ole Opry during CMA Music Festival in June 2016. The live video of the performance on the Opry’s YouTube Channel reached millions of viewers and went on to earn the North Carolina native the Rare Country Award for Opry Moment of the Year in December 2016.

2017 saw Five More Minutes became the first country song in history to chart in the Top 50 of the Mediabase/ 
Country Aircheck Country Singles chart without being released by a record label. Scotty signed with Triple Tigers Records soon after and the label expertly guided the song to No.1 in February 2018. That same year, Five More Minutes earned Scotty a BMI Award for writing One of BMI’s Top 50 Country Songs of the Year and it was named One of the Top Ten Songs We Wish We’d Written by the professional membership of the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI).
The acclaimed music video for Five More Minutes was directed by Jeff Ray featured rare footage of Scotty growing up with family and friends. It went on to peak at Number 1 on both the CMT Hot 20 Countdown and the GAC Top 20 Countdown and to date has received almost 100 million views on YouTube.

You can follow Scotty on his Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY