INTERVIEW WITH KATY HURT ABOUT HER 2018

This week's interview comes from singer-songwriter, Katy Hurt who has had a fabulous 2018 with releasing new music, exploring the world and performing in many wonderful places.

Hello Katy. Thank you for agreeing to this interview with me about your 2018.
Hey. Of course, thanks for all the support this year!

You started the year off by going to the Abbey Road Studios to perform with some of your friends, what was that like? 
That was such a fun day! I was there to be a part of Sonia Leigh's live album, and it was not only us and the band but she invited all the musicians who we had worked with whilst on tour with her throughout the months leading up to it, so it was like a big musical reunion.

In March, you played at C2C once again - what was that like for you?

C2C is always one of the highlights of my year, especially because underneath everything else I am still just a huge fan of country music. So in-between all our own shows I was running back and forth to catch the performances from the artists that I love. I played three sets across the weekend, one on the Town Square, one in the Nylon Bar and one in Building Six, so it was really cool to be able to play my new material to people in those different settings.

I managed to catch one of your songs as I was walking to an interview and you sounded amazing. I promise you in 2019 I will get around to seeing you live properly!

Haha I really hope you do, just name a show and you can come!!

At the end of March you reached 100% on your pledge for the new EP which is amazing. Congratulations!

Thank you very much! I am so extremely grateful to every single person who pledged, I literally could not have made the EP without everyone's help.

You then went to Canada in April, how was that for you? Because I remember seeing your photos and being like I wanna go there.

We actually went in January, and it was incredible. It was -27 degrees so we all had to prepare for the cold, but it was so worth it. Going over there and getting to work with the wonderful team we have over there is what really added the magic to the EP. We recored in a studio called Stereobus, and it is one of the most welcoming environments, it felt like I was in my own little snow globe! I would highly recommend going over, we all went on a few day trips and got to go ice skating on the frozen river and even see all the polar bears in the sanctuary!

In June, you became a Legacy Sportswear ambassador, how did that come about?

I've been working with Legacy for a while, they are a local brand to me and I've always loved their products. Legacy wanted to work on promoting the brand to showcase how you can build your own legacy in all different walks of life, so when the founder came to me and asked if I would be their representative I was thrilled. I'm not an overly sporty person but as someone who has to be on stage and performing I need to make sure that my physical fitness and stamina are high, and as an artist I love getting to support and spread awareness for brands I love so it felt like the perfect partnership.

Then in July, you announced a new song See Ya Later which I absoultely love, what was the reaction like from everyone? (I have this song on as I am writing this question)

See Ya Later was the first single that we put out from the Unfinished Business EP, so I was really excited to share it but also super nervous about what people would think. The response was crazy, it has had over 105,000 streams on Spotify, it was Record of the Week on Chris Country and it's been playlisted on over 30 national radio stations!! I'm not sure what reaction I was anticipating but the love it has received has definitely exceeded my expectations!

Then in October, you released another new song Revved Up which is another amazing track from you, did you fans enjoy the song?
Revved Up was a really fun track to put out because we went all out with the video and decided to essentially film our own mini western which everyone has seemed to really enjoy!

I can't end this interview without asking you about filming your music videos this year because from your instagram you had an amazing time shooting them with your amazing support network - was it as fun as it looked?
Filming music videos is not exactly a walk in the park, but once all the organising and planning was out of the way it was insanely fun. The band and I just went on a week long road trip to the desert and had a blast doing it!!

You finished your performances of 2018 on 1st December at Sixty Sixty Sounds, what was that gig like for you? Did it end your year on a high?

The gig at Sixty Sixty was so much fun, after such a hectic year it was really nice to be able to end it on a high doing an intimate show in such a unique setting!

And finally, I have to ask what has been your highlight of 2018?

That's a really hard question but if I had to choose my highlight of 2018 would have to be Pilton Party. We were chosen by Michael Eavis to play the legendary Pilton Party supporting Liam Gallagher. We played to 8,000 on the iconic stage and having the many people sing my lyrics back at me will be a moment that I will never ever forget. I hope that we can do it all over again next year!

I have to say thank you for everything you have done for me this year, I greatly appreciate it!

And thank you for your time today.

You can follow Katy on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY