ANNOUNCE THEIR THIRD ALBUM
‘ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE’
AND UK TOUR DATES
· FIRST BRITISH ACT EVER TO WIN A CMA AWARD
· TWO GOLD CERTIFIED ALBUMS
· NINE PLAYLISTED SINGLES ACROSS TWO ALBUMS
The biggest selling UK country act of all time, The Shires, announce their highly anticipated third album ‘Accidentally on Purpose’, due for release on 20th April 2018 through Decca Records. The trailblazing duo will also be hitting the road this summer, performing their new music across the UK, including London’s Royal Albert Hall on 18th May.
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee, The Shires’ new album combines massive country-pop choruses and emotive words about their whirlwind journey, relationships and their time in the States. Increasingly, US country music is taking music influence from the mainstream with pop-inspired hooks, a sound that The Shires’ new album reflects.
“Accidentally on Purpose is full of personal songs that really sums up the whirlwind journey we’ve been on together. From the first day we met, we’ve been crazy dreamers with big plans, who really believed that Country could break into the UK mainstream. For all those dreams, we never imagined it would all happen so quickly and we’re so proud and excited to be releasing our third album.”
– Ben and Crissie, The Shires
UK country superstars The Shires first entered the history books in 2015, when their debut album ‘Brave’ became the first ever British country album to enter the UK Top Ten. Their second album ‘My Universe’ also broke new ground by becoming the fastest-selling British country album of all time and reached the top three in the UK chart.
After an incredible two years, Ben Earle and Crissie Rhodes – hailing from Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire – have fast become a firm favourite in the UK country music scene. And now they’re making their mark in Nashville too.
With two gold certified albums under their belt within 12 months of each other and 9 playlisted tracks across BBC Music, The Shires are back and they’re raring to go. They will be touring the UK from 12th May to 10th June – performing at venue across the UK including London’s prestigious Royal Albert Hall.
Tickets go on sale on 2nd February 2018 through See Tickets.
The Shires 2018 UK Tour dates:
- May 12th: Guildford G Live
- May 13th: Bournemouth Pavilion
- May 14th: Cardiff St. David’s Hall
- May 16th: Bristol Colston Hall
- May 18th: London Royal Albert Hall
- May 19th: Folkestone Leas Cliff Hall
- May 20th: Sheffield City Hall
- May 22nd: Ipswich Regent Theatre
- May 23rd: Cambridge Corn Exchange
- May 24th: Oxford New Theatre
- May 27th: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- May 28th: Gateshead The Sage
- May 30th: Carlisle Sands Centre
- May 31st: York Barbican
- June 1st: Birmingham Symphony Hall
- June 3rd: Stoke Victoria Hall
- June 4th: Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
- June 5th: Llandudno Venue Cymru
- June 6th: Manchester Bridgewater Hall
- June 8th: Nottingham Royal Centre
- June 9th: Brighton Dome
- June 10th: Basingstoke The Anvil
Link to pre-order the album: